One of my life goals was to make my family’s first Disneyland experience an unforgettable one! I really wanted them to feel like they live in a Disney Castle… So, we spent three nights at the Disneyland Hotel on our recent trip to Hongkong!
In this review, let me tell you the pros and cons of staying at this five-star Hotel! Let me start with the PROs!
1. THE HOTEL APPEARS LIKE A GRAND PALACE
Soak in the beauty of Victorian style elegance during your stay!
2. THE SERENE ENVIRONMENT
Such a wonderful property with quiet surroundings, perfect for rest and relaxation!
3. THE MICKEY MAZE
Explore a classic English garden maze right outside the hotel lobby facing the South china Sea!
4. LAVISH VICTORIAN ROOMS
Escape in a vintage seaside resort while you are in Lantau island!
5. SAUNA, STEAM ROOM AND WHIRLPOOL
Pamper yourself after a day of hustle and bustle from the park! YES, please!!!
6. HOTEL RECREATIONAL ACTIVITIES
Aside from daily surprises from some of Disney characters, Tai Chi with Master goofy or cast storytelling at the Storybook Playroom, you can also enjoy family time at the tennis court!
7. LIVE MUSIC
Numerous performances from a live band at the grand lobby throughout the day! Oh, and also, look at that massive chandelier hanging from the ceiling!
8. INDOOR AND OUTDOOR POOL
Towels and shower gels are all provided! There’s even a Jacuzzi and Sauna in the changing room!
9. THE DISNEY TOUCH!
They have complimentary Mickey slippers for everyone in the family to take home as a souvenir and the bathrooms have a nice set of Seven Dwarfs themed travel supplies!
Stay in shape while on your vacay at their state-of-the-art fitness centre! There’s even a walking or running path around the hotel!
11. THE LOCATION
The hotel is brilliantly located in Disney Resort itself. They have shuttle buses to and from Disneyland throughout the day which is very convenient for the fambam!
12. PRIORITY ADMISSION PASS
As a hotel guest, you will be entitled with a fast pass for all the queues in the Disney resort. (This depends which room you booked!) It will save you tons of time and trouble!
Overall, I like that the hotel was very clean and always smells lovely. I love the hospitality from the receptionists to the management. Also, you have free access to Disney’s two other hotels, The Disney explorer’s Lodge and the Disney’s Hollywood Hotel, sad to say I didn’t have time to check them out. The express checkout was my favourite part, just leave the room, surrender your keys and go! No need to go to the counter anymore!
But there are some areas that they can improve on to make the guests’ experience even better!
Now here are my CONs…
1. I don’t like the hotel timing. Check-in is 3pm, Check-out is 11am. If you are only staying here for a day, it’s quite too short to enjoy your stay.
2. Some of the hallways of the hotel were a bit dim, but nothing unbearable.
3. Breakfast was not included like I thought it was.
4. Poor room service. I waited for my food for ages. I went during the Chinese New Year period though; the hotel was at full capacity, so this is a bit understandable.
5. There were only complimentary coffee and milk in the room. It would be nice to add some teabags! Please?
6. The TV in our room could be upgraded in time. Please change TVs to at least full HD in the name of Disney!
7. I don’t like the shower curtains in the bathroom, if they could only change them to glass doors, this would be more appropriate!
8. There are no supermarkets or cafes nearby, you are pretty much held hostage by the resort! There are no shops around to buy diapers for your little bubba if you guys runout! The hotel is very far from town… Just so you know!
9. As expected, Food prices are HIGH! (You’ve been warned!)
Despite all the CONs, we still had a blast during our stay! Hongkong Disneyland Hotel is pure paradise especially for families with young kids!
Have you stayed here before? How was your experience? If you have some questions, I’m very happy to help! Let me know in the comments or send me a message!
Love from Hongkong,
The Travel Belle <3
P.S. Please don’t forget to follow me on Instagram for more travel updates! @thetravelbelle ❤️