Did I enjoy my stay? YES AND NO.
Will I come back again? PROBABLY NOT.
Hyatt Hotels are luxury hotels that can be found in major cities worldwide! And because I’m travelling for my birthday, I thought I would spend some of my hard-earned money in a nice hotel while in Bali. I was sold when I read online that once upon a time, their guest list included Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton and Sylvester Stallone just to name a few! So, I grabbed the deal from Luxury Escapes and off I went to the island of the Gods!
CHECK-IN: I was welcomed by staff members from Denpasar airport right after landing. As we arrived at the hotel, Balinese music was playing in the background which was totally relaxing!
LOCATION: The hotel is perfect for some peace and quiet, away from the crowded areas of Kuta and Seminyak. It has picturesque gardens and huge private beachfront!
ROOM: Extremely comfortable queen bed, separate bath and shower unit, flat screen TV, small fridge and spacious balcony with a lovely view of the lagoon and the beach.
FOOD: The food venues of the property were fantastic! Salsa Verde and Garden Café caters to a ton of international clienteles, so guaranteed, huge eating options await!
POOL: Home to the most spectacular lagoon-style swimming pools you’ll ever see in the island! Plenty of sun loungers and water slides to choose from!
GUEST SERVICE: IMPECCABLE. Each and everyone one from the cleaners, gardeners to the bar staff were ever so kind, they were some of the friendliest people I have ever met!
TSK. TSK. You might be wondering now what I actually disliked about the hotel and why I’m not ever booking again for another stay? From my experience, these are some of the hotel drawbacks I wish the company would work on!
1. The room is comfortable enough but are showing signs of being tired. It’s getting quite old and urgently needs a facelift! The place doesn’t carry the Grand Hyatt standards anymore.
2. I’m a bit fussy when it comes to cleanliness! Some of the areas in my room upon arrival were sticky and sandy. It wasn’t vacuumed and mopped properly. Though initially I wasn’t happy, the housekeepers made sure that my room was spotlessly clean for the rest of my stay!
3. I noticed that the fridge has a bad smell when I opened it, I ignored this and just didn’t bother using the fridge at all!
4. Green mould is visible on the tiles of the pool. Some of the pool tiles are even chipped and cracked. #ACCIDENTHAZARD.
5. Smoking is allowed around the pool, there are kids around and this is just inappropriate!
6. The hotel is massive! And to go to the beach and back to our room takes forever! Not a big deal for me but something to be aware of if you have any mobility issues.
7. I understand that meals at high end resorts could be quite pricey, but I expect the quality to match the price! The food is average and overpriced for the quality.
8. Nusa dua is the perfect destination to unwind in Bali but is so far from all of the popular tourist spots! The hotel doesn’t provide complimentary shuttle services at all. Booking private cars and drivers through them is a rip-off. I found a Bali driver that brought me around Bali for almost half of their quote!
This is a real review coming from a real hotel guest. I’m really sorry Grand Hyatt… But I just wanted to provide my readers honest and unbiased reviews at all times! I still love you though! I love that the chefs cooked my eggs the way I wanted for brekky. I love that security is very tight, cars are being checked and inspected before entry to the hotel. I love the Balinese cultural show at Pasar Senggol, the aquatic aerobics, the nightly Mojitos and the teppanyaki dinner at Nampu. I love the secluded pool that’s perfect for couples who wants a more peaceful and private time by the pool. And most of all, the Spa! I’ve tried many day spas in Bali but nothing has ever compared to Kriya Spa!
***I am not saying that you should not stay at the Grand Hyatt Bali, a lot of my issues were just based on personal preferences. My point is, don’t come expecting a five-star hotel standard as advertised. Amenities are really old, and you can see and smell this as you walk around the property. The staff still made my birthday week in Hyatt a memorable one though! They made my stay worthwhile! And by the way, Thanks for the free photoshoot!
The Travel Belle <3